Nov 04, 2017
MILTON, N.Y. - Hood College's Zach Crossey placed seventh overall to lead the men's cross country team to a sixth place finish at the ECAC Championships.
How it Happened
- Crossey traveled the 8,000-meter course in 27:58.6 place in the top 10 and earned All-ECAC honors. His time was also the 23rd fastest ever for a Blazer.
- Keegan Bello ran a 29:16.4 to take 29th place, while Reese Whitesell was four spots behind. Whitesell turned in a time of 29:35.6.
- Chris Burgenson just missed getting under 30 minutes, finishing in 30:00.2, good for 36th.
- Kyle Lammey rounded out Hood's scoring with a 57th-place finish in 33:21.1.
- R.J. Tucker and Colton Barkefelt also competed for the Blazers. Tucker's 35:03.5 was 63rd and Barkefelt ran a 36:52.1 for 66th.
- NYU won the ECAC crown with 39 points, nearly 70 points ahead of the field.
- Ryan Haun of St. Joseph's (N.Y.) won the individual title in 27:08.3.
- Hood tallied 162 points for sixth place.
Hood heads to the NCAA Mideast Regional on November 12.