READING, Pa. - Hood College's Sophia Leaman did not allow an earned run over eight-plus innings, but it was not enough as the Blazers fell 3-2 to Arcadia in the first round of the Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth Championships.
Inside the Box Score
- Leaman went the distance, allowing just eight hits and three walks. All three runs she allowed were unearned. In her last 33 innings of the season, she allowed one earned run, with seven more scoring unearned.
- She was outdueled by Kylee Schwind, who allowed two runs on four hits in nine innings.
- Roo Saglimbeni doubled for Hood.
How it Happened
- An error in the third inning allowed Arcadia to take a 2-0 lead.
- The Blazers mounted a late comeback, scoring twice in the fifth inning. Jess Sedgwick led off with a walk and Shelby Alcorn singled to put runners on first and second. After Katelyn Long bunted the runners over, a single by Jasmine Webster drove in pinch runner Maddy Collins to make it 2-1. A sacrifice fly by Kristen Scott scored Alcorn to tie the game.
- In the ninth, a passed ball helped advance runner for Arcadia, who won on a walk-off single Cancilliere.
- Kaylee Zarick had two hits for the Knights.
- With the rainout of Friday's contests in the MAC Commonwealth Tournament, the game between fifth-seeded Hood and fourth-seeded Arcadia became a single elimination game ending the Blazers' season. The rest of the tournament remained double-elimination.
- Hood ends the season 19-17. The Knights are 28-11.