PLANT CITY, Fla. - The Hood College softball team picked up a 10-1 win over Bluffton in the season opener for the Blazers on their spring break trip.
Inside the Box Score
- Maddie Walter went 3 for 4 with three singles, one run scored and two runs batted in. She also picked up the complete game win, giving up only four hits. She struck out two batters and had no walks.
- Kaitlin Barron finished 2 for 3 with a two-run home run.
- Jordan Specht went 2 for 3, scored two runs and drove in two.
- Angela Acampora singled twice for two RBIs and scored a run.
- Dani Casey walked twice and Jules Baker reached via a hit and a walk.
How it Happened
- The Blazers broke the game open in the top of the first with seven runs. Walter had two hits in the inning, including a two-run single her second time up. Specht had a two-run single in the inning, as well.
- Barron hit a two-run home run in the second to make it 9-0.
- In the fourth inning, Acampora singled down the left field line to cap the scoring.
- Annie McCrate pitched two-thirds of an inning and took the loss.
- Molly Bollinger allowed four runs in 4.1 innings of relief.
- Brianna Baker had two of the Beavers' four hits and scored in the fifth.
The Blazers look to stay in the win column against Ohio Northern and Emerson on March 5.