FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College women's basketball team dropped a non-conference contest to visiting Bridgewater (Va.) 84-66.
Inside the Box Score
- Allie Appleby led the Blazers with 14 points.
- Fellow guards Celina Herndon and Amanda Hackney combined to make all seven of their field goal attempts. Hackney was 4 of 4 for eight points to go with four assists. Herndon made all three of her attempts and finished with six points.
- Denisha Robinson came off the bench for 11 points. Ebony Pitt had six rebounds, three assists and four steals.
How it Happened
- Hood (3-4) trailed 20-13 midway through the first quarter, but an 11-3 run gave the Blazers a 24-23 edge after a layup by Pitt with 9:01 left in the half. A basket by Herndon put Hood ahead 32-31 with 4:51 to go in the second, but the Eagles closed with a 12-3 run and led 44-35 at halftime.
- Bridgewater (4-4) kept the momentum going by scoring the first 10 points of the third quarter to go up 54-35.
- Jessica Lam shot 8 of 13 in the game and finished with 22 points, five rebounds, six assists and four steals. Briana Moore had 17 points, while Kaitlyn Lehan netted 12 points, 11 rebounds and four blocks.
- The Eagles shot 49 percent in the game, while the Blazers ended the evening at 36 percent. Bridgewater outrebounded Hood 50-42.
The Blazers will look to get back into the win column on Saturday, December 10 at 1 p.m. against Lebanon Valley. The contest is a White Out, with all fans encouraged to wear white. the first 100 students to the game will receive a free t-shirt.