Frederick, Md. The Hood Blazers fell to the 22nd ranked Messiah 80-49. The Blazers showed perseverance throughout the night to a top 25 nationally ranked team.
Inside the Box Score:
- Allie Appleby led the Blazers with 14 points and nine rebounds.
- Dajah Gee added 11 points, five rebounds, and two steals.
- Gee, Taylor McGaughey, and Celina Herndon each finished with two steals.
How it Happened:
- The Blazers kept the game close through the first quarter 16-12. However, Messiah outscored the Blazers in the second quarter 25-4, and led at the half 41-16. The Blazers played tough through the second half, and finished the game with a strong fourth quarter, matching Messiah 19-19.
- With two seconds remaining, transfer Miriam Jones added her first two points as a Blazer with a drive to the hoop.
- The Blazers shot 30 percent from the field to Messiah's 46 percent. The Blazers caused 14 turnovers overall to Messiah.
- Gillian Glackin had a big game for the Falcons. The forward finished with 16 points, 10 rebounds and seven blocked shots.
- Alecia Rohrer added 12 points and nine boards, while Kaitlyn Hoff pitched in with 10 points.
Hood hosts Widener at home on Saturday, January 14 for a weekend conference game in the Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth.