CHESTER, Pa. - The Hood College women's basketball team dropped a 65-46 final on the road at Widener in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Allie Appleby was the only Blazer in double figures with 12 points. She knocked down 2 of 4 3-point field goals and dished out four assists, while playing all 40 minutes.
- Deaja Colden grabbed 10 rebounds, matching her career-high. She added three steals.
How it Happened
- Widener led 21-7 after the first quarter, part of a 28-9 run to open the game.
- Hood, who trailed 41-22 at halftime, played much better in the second half, but it was not enough. The Blazers held the Pride to just 24 points in the second half, including only eight in the fourth quarter. Hood limited Widener to a 9 of 29 shooting mark over the final two quarters.
- Allison Gallagher scored 17 points to lead the Pride. Devan Rimmer added 13. Madison Ireland had a game-high 10 assists, while Aly Furgiele hauled in 11 rebounds.
- Hood could not get its offense clicking, shooting just 27 percent in the game.
Hood travels to nationally ranked Messiah on February 14.