GRANTHAM, Pa. - The Hood College women's basketball team fell 87-49 at No. 19 Messiah in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Taylor McGaughey was the only Blazer in double figures with a game-high 14 points.
- The senior hit 4 of 6 3-point field goals and ended the night 5 of 10 shooting.
- Allie Appleby dished out five assists.
- Mia Savoy grabbed five rebounds and blocked two shots off the bench.
- Hood went 7 of 19 from 3-point range (37 percent) but was undone by 28 turnovers.
How it Happened
- The Blazers struggled with turnovers in the first half, with the Falcons scoring 15 of their 36 points off of Hood miscues.
- Hood shot 54 percent (13 of 24) from the field over the final two quarters, but Messiah's 36-14 halftime lead was too much to overcome.
- Gillian Glackin finished with 12 points and eight rebounds. Maci Thornton had a solid all-around effort with 11 points, six assists and six steals. Jen Fairbanks had 11 points off the bench.
- Hood shot 41 percent in the game, but Messiah connected on 51 percent, including 8 of 15 from 3-point range.
The Blazers host Arcadia on Saturday, February 18. The game is not only Senior Day at Hood, but the 2017 Athletic Hall of Fame class will be honored during the doubleheader.