ST. MARY'S CITY, Md. - Hood College Mia Savoy scored 17 of her career-high 25 points in the fourth quarter to lead the Blazers past St. Mary's 77-64 on the first day of the Dan Greene Memorial Invitational.
Inside the Box Score
- Savoy hit 9 of 16 field goals and went 7 of 9 from the free throw line.
- Maggie Tien had an impressive debut for Hood. The sophomore transfer filled up the box score with 13 points, seven rebounds, three assists, two steals and a blocked shot. She went 4 of 7 from 3-point range.
- Ebony Pitt came off the bench for 11 points.
- Hood shot 47 percent in the game and went 5 of 11 from 3-point range (46 percent).
How it Happened
- Hood led 25-24 at halftime, but a 13-4 run midway through the third quarter made it 47-34 after a layup by Tamiya Ford with 0:59 left in the period.
- St. Mary's cut it to 10 entering the fourth quarter, but Tien hit a 3-pointer to open the period for a 50-37 advantage.
- The Blazers maintained a double-digit lead for most of the quarter before a layup by Olivia Nowlin cut Hood's edge to 64-56 with 1:50 remaining.
- Savoy took over from there. The sophomore forward scored 11 points in the final 1:45 to put the game away, scoring all but two of the Blazers' points down the stretch.
- Kerri Kline paced the Seahawks with 20 points. Kobe Chaney added 12 rebounds. Katie Robey finished with 10 points, seven rebounds and four assists.
- Hood's defense held St. Mary's to just 31 percent shooting, including a 4 of 27 effort from behind the arc (15 percent).
- The Seahawks outrebounded the Blazers 45-37.
Hood takes on Goucher on the second day of the Dan Greene Memorial Invitational on Saturday, November 18 at 1 p.m.