ST. MARY'S CITY, Md. - The Hood College women's improved to 2-0 with a 69-49 victory over Goucher on the second day of the Dan Greene Memorial Invitational at St. Mary's (Md.).
Inside the Box Score
- Maggie Tien scored 14 points and was named the tournament's most outstanding player after the contest.
- Ebony Pitt matched Tien's 14 points off the bench. She hit 7 of 11 field goals.
- Lauren Keeney pitched in with 10 points in a reserve role.
- Celestria Hill and Denisha Robinson grabbed 10 rebounds apiece, while Tamiya Ford had eight points and eight boards. The trio helped the Blazers to a 56-29 edge on the glass.
- Mia Savoy was also named to the all-tournament team.
How it Happened
- Hood trailed early before an old-fashioned 3-point play by Ford tied the contest at 9-9 with 1:34 left in the first quarter. The play started a 15-3 run that gave the Blazers a 24-12 lead after a 3-pointer by Robinson with 5:33 left in the second quarter.
- Hood led 33-19 at the half and led by as many as 23 in the third quarter. The lead swelled as large as 27 points in the fourth quarter.
- The Blazers, who are 2-0 for the first time since the 2010-11 season, held the Gophers to just 31 percent shooting.
- Mya Lewis scored a game-high 19 points on 8 of 14 shooting for Goucher. Nicole Wolard had a double-double with 14 points and 12 rebounds.
Hood hosts Shenandoah in its home opener on Tuesday, November 21 at 6 p.m.