FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College women's basketball fell to the visiting Lycoming Warriors 72-56 in the Blazers Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth home opener.
Inside the Box Score
- Mia Savoy led Hood with 12 points and eight rebounds.
- Maggie Tien chipped in with nine points and five boards.
- Laura Vetter added eight points and Jordan Brooks came off the bench to tally eight points as well.
How it Happened
- Brooks scored five of her eight points in the first period as Hood trailed 18-16 after one quarter of play.
- The Blazers were able to take the lead 33-32 after a free throw by Ebony Pitt with 2:33 remaining in the first half.
- Lycoming responded with a 5-0 run to end the half and led 37-33 at the halftime break.
- A 3-pointer by Tien gave Hood the lead 44-41 with just over three minutes left in the third quarter.
- The Warriors battled and tied the game 48-48 heading into the last period.
- Lycoming used a 22-5 run in the fourth quarter to put the game out of reach.
- Shelby Mueller led the Warriors with 17 points and 18 rebounds.
- Akilah McFadden and Kayla Kline scored 10 points apiece.
- Hood shot 7-15 from three in the contest.
Hood travels to Lebanon Valley on Saturday, December 9 at 1 p.m.