FREDERICK, Md. - After trailing by 19 at the half, a late surge cut the deficit to eight with 5:31 left to play but the Blazers came up short in a 66-52 Lebanon Valley win.
Inside the Box Score
- Ebony Pitt led the scoring with 13 points. She added eight rebounds.
- Denisha Robinson dropped 11 points and added three steals.
- Lauren Keeney matched Robinson with 11 points while shooting 55% from the field.
- Mia Savoy grabbed 11 rebounds, her third straight game with double-figure caroms.
How it Happened
- Hood started the game hot with the likes of Robinson and Pitt contributing eight of the team's 11 first-quarter points as they trailed by three, 14-11.
- The Blazers hit a scoring drought in the second quarter as the Dutchmen went on a 17-3 run to make the halftime score 31-14.
- The two teams traded buckets in the third quarter until a Pitt layup sparked Hood's offense with 4:49 left to play in the period. A 14-8 run cut the lead to 45-37 going into the final quarter.
- A Robinson steal that led to a Pitt layup brought the score to 54-46 with 5:31 remaining, but a Lebanon Valley old fashioned 3-point play was the dagger that Hood could not recover from.
- Caroline Scarff was all over the box score with 20 points, six rebounds, two assists, and two steals.
- Anne Lehr had six steals, six assists, and eight points.
The Blazers travel to Albright on Wednesday, January 31 at 6 p.m.