OWINGS MILLS, Md. - The Hood College women's basketball team fell victim to a 15-5 game-ending run by Stevenson as the Blazers fell 61-56 in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
Inside the Box Score
- Mia Savoy led Hood with 17 points on 7 of 15 shooting.
- Denisha Robinson hit 5 of 10 field goals on her way to 12 points. She went 2 for 4 from 3-point range.
- Ebony Pitt notched six rebounds and five assists.
- The Blazers sank 6 of 12 3-pointers in the contest.
How it Happened
- Hood received big halves from Robinson and Savoy. Robinson scored all 12 of her points in the first half, while Savoy turned in 11 points in the final two periods.
- Robinson nailed two 3-pointers in the first quarter as the Blazers built a 16-8 lead. Hannah Crist hit a 3-point shot down the stretch to cut the Hood lead to five at the end of the quarter.
- The Blazers led by as many as seven in the second quarter, but the Mustangs tied the game at halftime 28-28.
- Stevenson took the lead at the beginning of the third period and Hood did not lead again until a 3-pointer by Laura Vetter with 7:48 left in the fourth made it 47-46. The shot came midway through a 12-2 run to open the final period that resulted in a 51-46 Blazer lead with 5:33 remaining. A 3-pointer by Crist started the Mustangs' game-changing run. After a Dania Campbell 3-pointer put Stevenson ahead 54-51, a free throw by Tamiya Ford and a bucket from Savoy tied the score with 1:48 on the clock. Crist answered with a layup and Hood trailed the rest of the way.
- Jonyae Curry had 16 points and six rebounds for Stevenson. Crist finished with 10 points and Imani Sanders handed out five assists.
Hood hosts Widener on February 10. The game will be the Blazers' Senior Day contest.