GLENSIDE, Pa. - The Hood College women's basketball team led by four with under four minutes to play, but Arcadia closed the game with a 10-2 run to claim a 49-45 lead in the season finale for both teams.
Inside the Box Score
- Mia Savoy led Hood with 14 points and eight rebounds.
- Ebony Pitt finished with nine points, six rebounds, three assists and three steals.
- Amanda Hackney added four points and three assists in her final collegiate game.
- Hood held the Knights to just 25 percent shooting, including 4 of 19 from 3-point range.
How it Happened
- A bucket by Savoy with 3:38 remaining put the Blazers ahead 43-39. After a technical foul on Hood 30 seconds later, the Knights' Taylor Dunn hit 1 of 2 free throws to start the comeback. She later gave Arcadia a 44-43 lead with a pair of free throws at the 1:55 mark.
- In the first quarter, Denisha Robinson hit a 3-pointer to put the Blazers ahead by five before Hood settled for a 13-9 edge at the end of the period.
- The Blazers extended the lead to 16-9 on another 3-pointer from Robinson to open the second, but a 12-2 run by Arcadia swung the momentum. Hood trailed 21-18 with 4:15 left in the half before Pitt and Savoy combined for five straight points to make it 23-21 with 1:26 left. Arcadia tied the score, but Celestria Hill's layup with five seconds left made it 25-23 at halftime.
- Arcadia opened the third period with a 12-4 run to make it 35-29 heading into the fourth.
- Points from Savoy and Laura Vetter pulled Hood within 35-33 and a technical foul on Arcadia allowed a pair of Lauren Keeney free throws to tie the game with 6:08 to play.
- Dunn played all 40 minutes and scored 12 points, overcoming a 3 of 18 shooting day. She and Camille Menns each had double-doubles. Dunn had 12 rebounds, while Menns scored 11 points to go with 10 boards.
The contest was the season finale for Hood. The Blazers ended the year with a 6-19 record, including 2-14 in the Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth.