ANNVILLE, Pa. - The Hood College women's basketball team led by as many as eight points in third quarter, but a 22-12 fourth quarter by Lebanon Valley gave the Dutchmen a 61-56 final in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Ebony Pitt scored 14 points to lead the Blazers.
- Deaja Colden recorded 13 points off the bench and led Hood with nine rebounds.
How it Happened
- The Blazers, who trailed 26-22 at halftime, took their first lead of the second half on a 3-pointer by Colden for a 34-33 lead with 4:05 to go in the third period. A jumper by Colden expanded Hood's lead to 44-36 with 1:44 left in the quarter but a Megan Bisco 3-point field goal cut the lead to five heading into the fourth.
- The Blazers held off the Dutchmen for much of the fourth until Morgan Bamberger's 3-pointer gave LVC a 57-56 edge with 1:23 to go. The triple came in the midst of a 9-0 to close the contest for Lebanon Valley.
- Hood came out of the gates quickly, building a 13-4 lead midway through the first quarter behind six points by Pitt. The Dutchmen scored the last seven points of the period, however, to tie the game.
- Bamberger scored a game-high 17 points.
- Emily Mealey finished with 12 points and nine boards.
- Anne Lehr had 11 points and five assists.
- Jen Eck had a solid all-around effort with six points, seven rebounds, five assists, four steals and two blocks.
- Hood held a 54-40 rebounding edge.
- One of the better shooting teams in the MAC Commonwealth, the Blazers struggled with their shot all afternoon, finishing at just 27 percent from the floor and 4 of 19 from 3-point range.
Hood is idle until playing at Roanoke on December 28.