Jan 12, 2019
FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College women's basketball surrendered a late run to the visiting Lycoming Warriors and fell by a score of 59-47.
Inside the Box Score
- Maggie Tien led the Blazers with 16 points, including five three-pointers.
- Ebony Pitt had a game-high four assists and four steals to go along with five rebounds.
How it Happened
- The teams traded buckets in the early going with the Warriors holding a slight 13-11 advantage after one period.
- A 3-pointer in the final seconds of the first half by Lauren Keeney tied the game 24-24 heading into halftime.
- A jumper by Morgan Anderson gave Hood an eight-point lead at the 6:22 mark in the third quarter, 35-27.
- Lycoming went on a 10-2 run and tied the game just over two minutes later with a three-pointer by Megan Helminiak, 37-37.
- Hood was able to notch a 43-41 lead after three quarters but Lycoming put together an 18-4 run to pull away in the final period.
- Erica Lutz and Kayla Kline each recorded double-doubles for the Warriors. Lutz notched 19 points and 13 boards. Kline pulled down 11 rebounds to go with 15 points.
- Akilah McFadden added 10 points.
The Blazers host Stevenson on Wednesday, January 16th at 8 p.m.