READING, Pa. - The Hood College women's basketball team yielded a 21-7 run in the third quarter as Albright pulled away for a 63-41 over the Blazers in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Lauren Keeney hit three 3-pointers on her way to a team-high 11 points.
- Celestria Hill grabbed seven rebounds.
- Laura Vetter dished out four assists and Mia Savoy blocked a pair of shots.
How it Happened
- Hood opened the second quarter with an 8-0 lead and led 14-11 after a jumper by Hill with 6:59 left in the half. After the Lions tied the game, Vetter sank a pair of free throws for a 16-14 edge at the 4:16 mark. Albright outscored Hood 11-5 over the remainder of the quarter and took a 25-21 lead into halftime.
- Albright stretched its lead to double figures in the third quarter before a basket by Tamiya Ford made it 34-25 with 5:52 to go in the period. The Lions scored 12 unanswered points until Keeney hit a 3-pointer at the buzzer to make it 46-28 heading into the final period.
- Zaria Mohamed scored 11 points and grabbed 12 rebounds to lead Albright, while Brady Wassel added 10. Three Lions had double figures in rebounds, led by Gabby Boggs with 14. In addition to Boggs and Mohamed, Dejah Terrell finished with 11 boards.
- Hood struggled with its shooting all night, ending the evening at 24 percent overall, including 6 of 30 from 3-point range.
- Both teams took relatively good care of the basketball. The Blazers committed 11 turnovers, compared to 10 for the Lions.
Hood travels to Lycoming on February 9 for a 1 p.m. tipoff.