Feb 09, 2019
WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - The Hood College women's basketball team fell 76-40 at Lycoming in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Maya Goree had a career-high seven points off the bench.
- Laura Vetter had six points and tied for the team lead with five rebounds, along with Tamiya Ford and Bridget Smith.
- The Blazers struggled with their shooting, connecting on just 22 percent of their field goal attempts.
How it Happened
- After Lauren Keeney tied the game at 6-6 with 6:18 left in the first quarter, Akilah McFadden scored five straight points to open a 25-5 run for the Warriors. McFadden had seven points during the stretch, while Kayla Kline and Erica Lutz added six each as Lycoming went ahead 31-11 with 2:47 remaining in the half.
- Hood trailed 35-18 at halftime before a 16-2 run in the third quarter stretched the deficit to 56-24.
- Kline scored a game-high 18 points on 7 of 14 shooting. Becca Painter finished with 13 points and Jenn Grove had 10 on 5 of 7 shooting. Lutz led the team with 11 rebounds.
- The Warriors hit 47 percent from the field and 41 percent from 3-point range.
- Hood hit its 138th 3-pointer of the season in the contest, a new single-season record for the Blazers.
The Blazers head to Stevenson on February 12.