OWINGS MILLS, Md. - The Hood College women's basketball team could not keep pace with a 36-point fourth quarter for Stevenson as the Blazers fell 81-58 in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Mia Savoy had her second double-double of the season with 14 points and 11 rebounds. The junior blocked a pair of shots.
- Maggie Tien went 3 of 7 on 3-point attempts and finished with 11 points and two steals.
- Ebony Pitt had a strong all-around effort with 10 points, eight boards and four assists.
- Lauren Keeney scored in double figures for the third time in the past four games with 10 points.
How it Happened
- Hood trailed just 45-39 heading into the fourth quarter before a 14-2 to begin the period gave the Mustangs a 59-41 advantage.
- Stevenson led 26-24 at halftime but the Blazers closed the gap on several occasions in the third quarter. Morgan Anderson tied the game on the first possession of the second half. Pitt tied the game a second time before Savoy hit a 3-pointer for a 31-30 edge with 8:07 left in the third. The lead was short-lived, however, as Stevenson scored the next eight points and never trailed again.
- A 9-2 run for the Mustangs opened the game, but Hood regrouped and led 24-21 after a basket from Pitt with 2:57 left in the second quarter.
- Olivia Coleman led all players with 23 points on 8 of 10 shooting for Stevenson. She led the team with nine rebounds.
- Hannah Crist finished with 10 points, nine assists and five steals.
- Brandi Hall and Alexa Sanmartin scored 14 points apiece.
- The Blazers were undone by 24 turnovers, while the Mustangs committed only 11.
- Hood extended its season record for 3-point field goals to 145, connecting on 7 of 20 in the contest.
The Blazers close out the regular season on Saturday, February 16 against Arcadia at BB&T Arena.