Feb 16, 2019
FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College women's basketball team played against Arcadia University today, Feb. 16. Arcadia won 68-53.
Inside the Box Score
- Mia Savoy also led the Blazers with 19 points on 3 of 7 from 3-point range.
- Lauren Keeney followed closely behind with a career-high 17, including 3 of 6 on 3-point field goals.
- Savoy had the only block for the Blazers.
- Ebony Pitt and Celestria Hill each had five rebounds.
How it Happened
- Hood took a 9-8 on a layup by Maggie Tien with 5:27 left in the first quarter. Arcadia scored the last 12 points of the quarter to take a 21-9 lead.
- Arcadia took its largest lead of the day, 30-19, on a free throw by Asya Alba with 6:47 on the clock. A 17-8 run by Hood closed the gap to 38-28 at halftime.
- Hood pulled within seven points twice in the third quarter, including 48-41 on a free throw by Pitt at 2:56. The Knights extended the lead to 54-41 at the end of the third and Hood never got within single digits the rest of the way.
- Taylor Dunn led the Knights in scoring with 19 points on 4 of 6 3-point shooting. Dunn also led her team in steals with three and blocks with four.
- Taylor Fritz came off the bench and added 13 points for Arcadia. Camille Menns, Julia Makowski, and Sydney Cyr, all had seven rebounds.
- Arcadia made 51 percent of its field goals and 50 percent of their 3-pointers.
- Arcadia's bench outscored Hood's 17-7 in the game.
- This game concluded the 2018-2019 season for the Hood College Blazers.