Apr 01, 2017
FREDERICK, Md.- Hood College was outmatched on an overcast afternoon against Lycoming, falling 17-5.
Inside the Box Score
- Jade Locklear led the Blazers with two goals and four draw controls.
- Rachel Slater, Kara Phoubandith and Alexis Orzech each added a score.
- Slater contributed two assists and two draw controls.
- Rylie Benoit-Nobis made nine saves for Hood.
How it Happened
- Lycoming scored first with less than a minute into the game.
- Hood rebounded quickly and scored twice to take the lead, 2-1, on Phoubandith's goal at 27:54 and Orzech's score at 25:19 in the first.
- Lycoming went on to score six straight goals before Hood could recover with a goal by Locklear with 2:29 left in the half.
- The Warriors scored again before the break to lead 8-3.
- Lycoming scored the first two goals of the second half, taking the momentum out of the Blazers.
- Hood was outscored 9-2 in the second half, losing 17-5.
- Kelly McGinniss led the scoring for the Warriors with four goals and two assists. Jordan Lazarich added three goals and two assists. Kayla DiJoseph contributed two goals and led with five assists.
- McGinniss helped Lycoming's control possession with seven draw controls and three ground balls.Leanne Shaw followed with four ground balls and a draw control.
- The Warriors' starting goalkeeper Nicole Gerling made nine saves.
Hood hosts Stevenson on Wednesday, April 5 for a MAC Commonwealth contest.