FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College women's lacrosse team dropped a 17-7 final to visiting Albright in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
Inside the Box Score
- Kara Phoubandith had four goals and an assist to lead the Blazers.
- Jade Locklear scored twice.
- Rachel Slater had a goal and an assist.
- Nikki Lunn added three ground balls and two caused turnovers.
- Rylie Benoit-Nobis made eight saves.
How it Happened
- Albright broke the game open with eight straight goals, including three from Devon Mela, over the first 18 minutes.
- Hood scored two of the half's final three tallies and trailed 9-3 at halftime behind Phoubandith's first two goals.
- The Blazers maintained the six-goal deficit after goals by Locklear and Slater made it 11-5 with 24:46 left in the game, but the Lions went on a 6-2 run to close out the game.
- Mela scored a game-high five goals for Albright. She also had four ground balls, three draw controls and four caused turnovers. Sophie Bass added three goals and as many assists.
- Hayley Joyce made seven saves in 57 minutes.
Hood is idle until Saturday, April 22 when the Blazers travel to Widener.