CHESTER, Pa. - A 6-1 run early in the second half gave Hood the lead, but Widener rallied down the stretch for the 12-9 win in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Rachel Slater led the Blazers with four goals, one assist, two ground balls and two draw controls.
- Jade Locklear added two goals, an assist and a draw control.
- Kara Phoubandith scored twice.
- Lillie Myers and Nikki Lunn had three ground balls apiece, while Shay Braithwaite caused two turnovers.
- Rylie Benoit-Nobis made 12 saves in goal.
How it Happened
- Hood trailed 7-3 with 28:08 left in the game, but battled back and tied the game at 8-8 on a goal by Slater with 21:58 remaining. A free position goal by Phoubandith gave the Blazers the lead, but the Pride scored four unanswered goals in the last 17:42 to come back for the victory.
- In the first half, Hood trailed 3-2 after a goal by Slater with 11:59 left. Just under seven minutes later, Locklear, who assisted on Slater's tally, tied things at 3-3. A pair of goals in the half's final three minutes gave Widener a 5-3 lead at halftime.
- Kelly Lynch scored seven goals to lead the Pride, while Melanie Bert added three.
- Megan Racioppi had three caused turnovers.
- Katie Hayes played the last 22 minutes in goal and stopped three shots.
Hood hosts Lebanon Valley for Senior Day on Wednesday, April 26 at 4 p.m.