FREDERICK, Md.- Senior Jade Locklear notched six goals to lead the Hood College women's lacrosse team to a 17-4 victory against the Gophers of Goucher.
Inside the Box Score
- Locklear added five draw controls in addition to her six scores. It as the second straight game that a Blazer scored six goals after Kara Phoubandith scored six times against Lancaster Bible last week.
- Rachel Slater and Cassidy O'Neill recorded three goals apiece. Slater also dished out three assists and had four draw controls.
- Nikki Lunn and Phoubandith each scored two goals apiece. Phoubandith had seven draw controls.
- Samy Brandt scored one goal and caused three turnovers.
- Rylie Benoit-Nobis made four saves in goal for the Blazers and added two ground balls.
How it Happened
- Locklear scored for Hood early in the game at the 28:42 mark to give Hood the early advantage.
- Goucher answered back a few minutes later at 23:20 with a man-down goal by Alyssa Long.
- Hood then scored seven unanswered goals resulting in an 8-1 lead with 10:25 left in the first half. Lunn, Locklear, and Slater each scored two goals during the run while Phoubandith scored one.
- A goal from Soleil Gagne with 8:50 left in the half ended the Blazers streak.
- The Blazers ended the half with three goals from Locklear, and a goal apiece from O'Neill, Phoubandith, and Slater putting the score at 13-2.
- Brandt capped off the scoring in the second half at the 27:30 mark followed by two O'Neill goals and a final Locklear goal.
- The Gophers had four different scorers in Gabrielle Umstead, Soleil Gagne, Alyssa Long, and Shannon Stull.
- Umstead added an assist, as well.
- Bridget Den Boer had 17 saves for Goucher.
- Hood held a 39-9 shot advantage.
Hood hosts Delaware Valley on Tuesday, March 6 at 4 p.m.