FREDERICK, Md. - Hood College's Jade Locklear recorded her second straight six-goal game to lead the women's lacrosse team to a 14-10 win over Delaware Valley.
Her fifth goal of the day was her 120th career score, surpassing Caitlin Lawrence to become Hood's all-time goal-scoring leader.
Inside the Box Score
- Locklear added two assists for eight points and had five draw controls.
- Kara Phoubandith and Rachel Slater also notched hat tricks with three goals each. Slater added an assist and four draw controls, while Phoubandith caused three turnovers.
- Grace Weaver finished with three caused turnovers and Samy Brandt tallied six ground balls.
- Rylie Benoit-Nobis stopped 10 shots in goal.
How it Happened
- Neither team scored for over eight minutes to start the game. Brandt fed Cassidy O'Neill with 21:48 left in the half to start a 4-0 run for the Blazers. Slater and Phoubandith scored on free position shots before Locklear's first score of the game made it 4-0 with exactly 15 minutes left in the half.
- Locklear traded goals with Delaware Valley, scoring three straight Blazer goals before Phoubandith found the back of the net to make it 7-3 with 3:39 to go.
- Both teams traded goals down the stretch and Hood led 8-4 at halftime.
- Claire Gamache scored twice during a 4-1 run to start the half for the Aggies. Amanda McKeegan's free position score cut Hood's lead to 9-8 with 22:09 on the clock.
- Locklear tied the school record with a goal at 18:13 to stop the run and 11 minutes later her record-setting tally made it 12-8.
- Hood outshot Delaware Valley 36-25.
- The win was the Blazers' third in a row.
- Gamache had three goals, four ground balls and five draw controls.
- Kara Imes finished with two goals, one assist and eight draw controls.
- Amanda Dietrich made 11 saves.
Hood hosts Coast Guard on Saturday, March 10.