Mar 10, 2018
FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College women's lacrosse team fell short against the Coast Guard Academy Bears in a 15-4 loss.
Inside the Box Score
- Rachel Slater had two goals, one assist, and two ground balls.
- Kara Phoubandith and Cassidy O'Neill each added one goal. Phoubandith also had three draw controls.
- Mariah Jones recorded four ground balls.
- Rylie Benoit-Nobis and Nikki Lunn each grabbed three ground balls. Benoit-Nobis stopped eight shots in goal.
How it Happened
- Slater started off the scoring for the Blazers at 22:20 when her man-up goal tied the game 1-1.
- The Bears then scored four unanswered goals, three on free position shots.
- With just 1:05 left in the first half, Phoubandith scored after a dish from Slater putting the halftime score at 5-2.
- O'Neill had the first score of the second half at 26:10 after her free position shot was converted to make the score 5-3.
- The Bears then got hot scoring 10 unanswered goals, five of which came from freshmen midfielder Brenna Farrington. The Blazers trailed 15-3.
- A late goal from a Slater free position shot at with 8:03 left to play proved to be a consolation as the scored ended 15-4.
- Carter Sanderson scored three goals for the Bears.
- Marietta Davis and Mary Goins each recorded two goals for the Coast Guard Academy.
- Daria McKenna added a goal, three assists, and three ground balls.
Hood hosts Notre Dame (Md.) on Wednesday, March 14 at 4:30.