Sep 08, 2018
IMMACULATA, Pa. - The Hood College women's soccer team picked up its first victory of the 2018 season with a 3-0 win at Immaculata.
Inside the Box Score
- Colby Painter recorded her first collegiate goal and assist in the match to lead the Blazers.
- Erin Scarborough and Melissa Merritt also scored.
- Rachel Knoebel picked up her first start of the year in goal and made seven saves in the shutout.
How it Happened
- The teams appeared to be headed into halftime without a score but midway through the 42nd minute, Painter cleaned up the rebound of a shot by Emily Savona for a 1-0 lead.
- Early in the second half, Painter beat a defender and found Scarborough at the far post to make it 2-0.
- Melissa Merritt put the match out of reach in the 64th minute with her second goal of the year.
- Hood outshot the Mighty Macs 19-12.
- Brooke Shissler stopped nine shots in net for IU.
- The teams have identical 1-2 records after the contest.
Hood travels to St. Mary's (Md.) on Sunday, September 9.