Apr 07, 2018
FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College women's tennis team picked up a 7-2 win over visiting Alvernia in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
How it Happened
- Megan Carter, Skylar Wright, Kara Conway and Jennifer Slick all won in both singles and doubles.
- Carter and Wright teamed up for an 8-1 win over Alivia Lopez and Amanda Phillips at second doubles. At third doubles, Conway and Slick notched an 8-4 win against Maria Figurelli and Morganne Blazejak for a 2-0 Hood lead heading into singles play.
- Carter defeated Phillips 6-4, 6-1 at second singles.
- Sophie Smith did not drop a game at third singles, winning 6-0, 6-0 over Lopez.
- At fourth singles, Wright dropped just a single game to win 6-1, 6-0 against Leah Kemper.
- Conway was credited with a 6-4, 6-1 win at fifth singles against Figurelli.
- Slick was victorious at sixth singles 6-1, 6-2 over Blazejak.
- Hood is 2-5 on the year and 1-1 in the conference.
The Blazers travel to Lebanon Valley on Wednesday, April 11.