Feb 08, 2018
ANNAPOLIS, Md. - The Hood College women's track and field team finished ninth at the Navy Multi Mix at the United States Naval Academy.
How it Happened
- The Blazers' best finishes were seventh place claims by Samantha Bailey in the shot put and Andrea Christmas in the triple jump.
- Bailey's best throw in the shot put traveled 36 feet, 9 1/2 inches (11.21 meters).
- Christmas tripled jumped 32-6 1/4 (9.91m) for her seventh place finish. The mark moved her to second place all-time indoors at Hood. The senior also competed in the 60-meter hurdles and the pole vault. She ran a time of 10.30 seconds in the hurdles and cleared 8-0 1/2 (2.45m) in the pole vault.
- Danielle Pitts had a career-best in the shot put at 34-0 1/4 (10.37m) to place ninth. She added a heave of 31-7 1/2 (9.64m) in the weight throw to her evening.
- Lauren Fancella ran the 800-meter in 2:49.53.
- The meet featured five Division I programs, along with Division III contingents from Johns Hopkins, McDaniel, Shenandoah and Hood. Delaware won the meet with 192.5 points.