Apr 06, 2018
BALTIMORE, Md. - Samantha Bailey set the school record in the hammer throw to lead the Hood College women's track and field team at the Johns Hopkins Invitational.
How it Happened
- Bailey broke her own Hood standard with a heave of 39.18 meters (128 feet, six inches). She placed fifth overall.
- The senior added a sixth-place finish in the shot put with a mark of 11.12 meters (36-5 3/4).
- Andrea Christmas scored for Hood with a triple jump of 9.28 meters (30-5 1/2).
- Johns Hopkins won the meet with a score of 197 points.
- Hood placed 10th with nine points.