Apr 23, 2018
WESTMINSTER, Md. - Hood College's Samantha Bailey won the discus to lead the Blazers at the McDaniel Twilight Meet.
How it Happened
- Bailey hurled the winning throw 29.03 meters (95-3) to win by nearly 1.7 meters. She was also second in the shot put with a mark of 11.21 meters (36-9 1/2), just seven hundredths of a meter off the pace.
- Jackie Mangogna was third in the heptathlon with 3,360 points. She won the 100 in the multi-event in 17.08 for 587 points. Her highest point total was in the high jump where her height of 1.48 meters (4-10 1/4) scored 599 points. It matched her career-best in the event.
- Sam Plinke was fifth in the 200-meter dash in 29.92.
- Melissa Merritt scored in a pair of events. She was seventh in the 200 in 30.35 and eighth in the 100-meter dash in 14.39.
- Hood was third in the team scoring with 25 points.
- Montgomery College won the meet with 157 points.
The Blazers head to the Paul Kaiser Invitational on April 28 at Shippensburg University.