Mar 23, 2019
ELIZABETHTOWN, Pa.- The Hood College women's track and field team competed at the Early Bird Opener at Elizabethtown College.
How it Happened
- In the 100, Sam Plinke ran a 14.12 for a sixth-place finish. Gretchen Young finished seventh with a 14.97. Young ran a 14.01 in the prelims for her best time of the day.
- Hood's 4x400 team of Young, Plinke, Meghan Moir, and Melissa Merritt finished fifth with a time of 4:54.18.
- Danielle Pitts landed a seventh-place finish in the hammer throw with a mark of 32.22m (105-8). Her mark of 29.76m (97-8) was good enough of eighth in the discus. She qualified for the Middle Atlantic Conference Championships in both events.
- No team scoring was tracked.
From the Coaching Staff
- "Today in some cold, windy conditions, our athletes put together some quality performances and showed the grit it takes to compete at a high level at the big meets we have coming on the back half of the season. Hunter and Danielle led off the day with some great performances in the hammer, and that trend continued all the way to the end of the meet with the women's 4x4 running a gutsy race in our first relay of the year. We now get a chance put in some solid, uninterrupted training for 2 weeks before we head west to Frostburg State."
Hood goes to the Bobcat Invitational at Frostburg on April 6 at 12 p.m.