FREDERICK, Md. - Visiting Messiah hit .472 to defeat Hood 3-0 in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
The Falcons won 25-13, 25-10, 25-14.
Inside the Box Score
- Elena Zinaich tried to keep up with the Falcons with 11 kills and no errors in 27 attacks. The sophomore hit .407 for the night. She went over 600 career kill mark in the match.
- Courtney Hutchinson finished with five kills on eight attempts for a .625 mark.
- Payton Belella dished out 20 assists and now has over 1,600 in her career.
- Kelsey Ritner tallied 13 digs.
- Messiah came out firing, hitting at least .424 in every set, including a .536 mark in the second set. The Falcons did not have more than three errors in any set.
- The beginning of the match was not a sign of things to come as Messiah had a pair of attack errors to start the evening as the Blazers built an early 5-3 lead. The Falcons used a kill by Jane Underman to begin a 13-2 run that took control of the set and never looked back.
- Kristin Douglas had a match-high 13 kills, with just one error, on 20 attempts (.600). Neither Mary Baumer nor Hannah Baumer had an error. Underman had a line of 8-0-11 (.727), while Baumer hit 7-0-12 (.583). Jennifer Rusling had 24 assists, five more than Brooke Gallagher. Emily Zellers had 13 digs and three aces.
- Hood fell to 7-12 on the year and 1-5 in the MAC Commonwealth.
- Messiah is 17-3 overall and 3-1 in the league.
Hood travels to Goucher for a tri-match on Saturday, October 8 at Goucher. The Blazers will also face Marywood.