FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College women's volleyball team was victorious after 3 sets against Wilson.
- Hood won 25-17, 25-8, 25-9.
Inside the Box Scores
- Payton Belella dished out 26 assists and served up four aces.
- Kari Betson tallied six kills and 11 digs.
- Elena Zinaich and Tailyn Kite each scored on eight kills for the night.
- Renee Reus matched Belella with four aces and added 10 digs.
- Kite added three aces.
How it Happened
- Hood limited the Phoenix to a -.132 hitting percentage in the match.
- In addition to holding the Wilson's attacking game in check, the Blazers notched 15 service aces in the contest.
- The Blazers trailed in the first set 10-9 but kill by Kite started a 6-0 run that gave Hood command of the set.
- In sets two and three, Hood opened play with large runs. The Blazers outscored the Phoenix 19-4 to begin set two with a 13-1 run putting the third set out of reach.
- Belen Aldecosea had six kills for Wilson.
- Leslie Farnes tallied eight assists.
The Blazers travel to Alvernia on Wednesday, September 20 to take on the Golden Wolves at 7 p.m. in a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth match.