READING, Pa. - The Hood College volleyball team won the first set before Alvernia captured the next three in a 3-1 loss for the Blazers in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
- Alvernia won 20-25, 25-19, 25-17, 25-11.
Inside the Box Score
- Elena Zinaich led Hood with 13 kills and hit .348 in the match.
- Payton Belella dished out 33 assists and served up three aces.
- Kelsey Ritner had a season-high 15 digs, while Renee Reus added 11.
How it Happened
- Hood trailed 8-4 in the first set but an 8-2 run gave the Blazers a 12-10 lead after a kill by Zinaich. The two teams battled back and forth for the next several points before an ace by Tailyn Kite gave Hood the lead for good 16-15.
- A kill by Kari Betson put Hood ahead 13-12 in the second set, but Alvernia followed with a 7-0 run to take command. AU took each of the ensuing sets to claim the win.
- Kristen Sipling led all players with 22 kills and Laura Wachowicz pitched in with 15.
- Abby O'Donnell handed out 46 assists.
Hood hosts Penn St.-Harrisburg on September 23 at noon. The match is part of Homecoming festivities.