CRESSON, Pa. - The Hood College women's volleyball team dropped a five-set match to Mount Aloysius 3-2.
- The Mounties won 25-10, 22-25, 22-25, 25-20, 15-7.
Inside the Box Score
- Elena Zinaich became just the second player in school history to top 1100 career digs with 17 in the match. She had just two attack errors and hit .429 for the evening.
- Payton Belella recorded a double-double with 39 assists and 14 digs. The senior added three service aces.
- Courtney Hutchinson had 10 kills and six blocks.
- Tailyn Kite finished with 12 kills and hit .385.
- Renee Reus notched 22 digs.
How it Happened
- The Mounties' Machala Gibbons and Sarah Fisher combined for 54 kills. Gibbons hit .705 and recorded 33 kills. Fisher's 21 kills came with a .545 hitting percentage.
- Kylee Clawson recorded 30 digs.
- Hood falls to 3-4.
- Mount Aloysius improves to 3-5.
Due to the threat of Hurricane Florence along the Atlantic Coast, the Seahawk Invitational - originally slated to be played at St. Mary's (Md.) - has been moved to Hood. The five-team tournament begins on Friday, September 14 and concludes on Saturday, September 15. All matches will be played at Hood's BB&T Arena.