FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College volleyball team picked up a four-set win over Alvernia in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
- Hood won 25-15, 25-23, 21-25, 25-20.
Inside the Box Score
- Elena Zinaich led Hood with 16 kills.
- Payton Belella dished out 40 assists to go over the 500-mark for the season, the first Blazer with four seasons of 500 assists.
- Angel Scheetz notched a career-high 13 kills.
- Courtney Hutchinson tallied four blocks.
- Renee Reus recorded 15 digs.
How it Happened
- The score was tied at 11-11 in the first set when a 9-1 run by Hood put the Blazers in control.
- Hood trailed 23-22 in the second set before kills by Scheetz and Kite and an ace by Hutchinson ended the set.
- Three straight points by the Golden Wolves in the third set erased an 11-10 deficit as Alvernia stayed alive.
- The Blazers jumped ahead 17-9 in set four but Alvernia used an 11-4 run to pull within 21-20. Hood answered with four straight points and back-to-back aces by Hutchinson sealed the win.
- Olivia Frutiger had a match-high 22 kills and Alexis Schwenk had 36 assists.
- Hood improved to 10-6 overall and 1-2 in the MAC Commonwealth.
- The Golden Wolves fell to 3-10 and 0-3.
The Blazers put a five-match win streak on the line when they travel to McDaniel on Thursday, September 27.