GRANTHAM, Pa.- The Hood College baseball team captured a 6-1 victory to complete the season sweep of the Messiah Falcons in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
Inside the Box Score
- Nathan Kessler went 2 for 4 with a double and scored three runs. He also stole two bases.
- Brady Ward had a two hit day with two RBIs.
- Brad Sawyer doubled and had two runs batted in.
- Jordan Patterson took the mound and delivered five innings of shutout baseball with seven strikeouts and only allowing three hits. Des Grimes, Connor Henniges, and Jake Howell combined for the final four innings of relief allowing just one hit, one run, and striking out four.
How it Happened
- Hood wasted no time getting on the board in the first with an RBI single from Daniel Shepherd that brought in Kessler.
- Two batters later, Sawyer doubled down the left field line to score Shepherd and Dylan Beck to give the Blazers a 3-0 advantage.
- Ward drove in Kessler in the second and again in the fourth to push Hood's lead to five.
- After a couple walks and a wild pitch in the top half of the fifth, Beck was able to score to add some insurance to Hood's lead.
- Messiah was able to tally a run in the seventh but could not muster any more than that.
- Hood improved to 12-5 overall and 4-2 in the MAC Commonwealth. Messiah dropped to 5-9 and 0-6.
- Jarod Bingaman and Josh Hayner tripled for the Falcons.
- Trent Culver doubled.
- Luke Luckenbaugh took the loss on the mound allowing six hits, two walks, striking out three over four innings. Paul Hansel, Ben Stewart, and Kenny Runkel combined for the final five innings of relief, allowing one hit and one run.
Hood hosts Mcdaniel on Wednesday, March 27 at 3:30 p.m.