FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College baseball team came out on the short end of the 5-2 final against Wilson in non-conference action.
Inside the Box Score
- Dylan Beck had two hits, while Sam Wheeler singled and walked twice.
- Chris Devine took the loss. He allowed three runs, two earned, on six hits in four innings. David Dinges pitched 3.1 innings of hitless relief. He allowed two unearned runs on three walks. Jahlin Jean-Baptiste pitched the final 1.2 innings of scoreless relief.
How it Happened
- Juan Rosario led off the game with a triple and scored on a sacrifice fly to give the Phoenix a 1-0 lead.
- Hood answered in the bottom of the inning. Daniel Shepherd, Andrew Wenner and Brad Sawyer all walked to load the bases before Beck was hit by a pitch to drive in the tying run.
- Rosario reached on a single in the third and scored aided by a pair of errors for a 2-1 lead.
- Wilson extended it to 3-1 before Hood scored in the seventh. Beck singled and the ball was misplayed in the outfield, allowing Sawyer to come home to make it 3-2.
- Two run-scoring fielder's choices for Wilson in the eighth put the game out of reach.
- Rosario went 3 for 5. Joseph Cofer stole three bases.
- Dereck Ivey got the win. He allowed just two hits in five innings but walked four. Cheek got the save.
- Hood fell to 14-7-1 overall, while Wilson improved to 8-5.
The Blazers will look to get back in the win column on Tuesday, March 2 at Bridgewater (Va.).