Posted: Apr 02, 2019
BRIDGEWATER, Va. - The Hood College baseball team dropped a 12-4 final at Bridgewater (Va.) in non-conference play.
Inside the Box Score
- Jordan Patterson had two hits, a walk, a run scored and a stolen base.
- Trent Copenhaver doubled and went 2 for 4.
- Daniel Shepherd tripled.
- Ryan D'Allesandro started and took the loss, allowing six runs on eight hits in 2.2 innings. Nick Rampone, Tyler Volentine, Bobby Ferguson, Connor Henniges and Des Grimes all got work in relief.
How it Happened
- The Blazers scored on a pair of sacrifice flies in the first inning by Brad Sawyer and Dylan Beck to take a 2-0 lead.
- The Eagles cut Hood's lead in half in the second before using a five-run third to take the lead. Matthew LaPrade had a two-run double during the third that put Bridgwater ahead 4-2 and two more runs pushed their lead to four.
- Shepherd tripled and scored on an error in the fourth and Nathan Kessler drove in a run to make it 6-4.
- Three straight singles to start the bottom of the sixth loaded the bases for Bridgewater. A wild pitch brought in a run and Brett Jones followed with a two-run single. An RBI double by Kevin Navedo made it 10-4 before the end of the inning.
- The Eagles added two runs in the seventh to put the game out of reach.
- Luke Paczewski had three hits, doubled and walked. Jacob Grabeel went 3 for 4 with a double, three runs scored and two RBIs.
- Seven pitchers took the mound for Bridgewater. JT Creed was credited with the win.
Hood hosts Lebanon Valley on Friday, April 5.