EMMITSBURG, Md.- The Hood College baseball team won a Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth matchup 9-3 over the Dutchmen of Lebanon Valley College. The game was rescheduled from Friday and played at Shaw Field on the campus of Mount St.Mary's University.
Inside the Box Score
- Brad Sawyer went 3 for 4 on the day with a double, two runs, and an RBI.
- Trent Copenhaver, Dylan Beck, Jordan Patterson, and Andrew Wenner each had two hits apiece. Beck doubled twice and Wenner tripled and had two RBIs.
- Nathan Kessler homered.
- Patterson earned the win on the mound pitching seven innings while allowing four hits and one earned run. He struck out six. Jake Howell and Des Grimes provided the final two innings of relief for the Blazers, combining to allow one run on three hits.
How it Happened
- After three scoreless innings, Sawyer knocked in Beck with a single to center in the bottom half of the fourth. The Blazers added two more runs in the innings via an error for a 3-0 lead.
- A single by Bryan Towers pushed across a run for LVC in the fifth to cut the deficit.
- Hood responded with an RBI triple by Wenner in the sixth that scored Patterson.
- Joey Wrabel homered in the seventh to keep the Dutchmen in striking distance.
- An RBI single by Patterson capped off a two-run bottom half of the inning to increase the Blazers' lead 6-2.
- LVC added a run in the eighth but Hood added three runs in the bottom part of the inning to provide insurance. Wenner drove in Sawyer and Kessler provided a two-run blast to left center for his first homer of the year.
- Towers and TJ Holdredge each had two hits.
- Wrabel homered.
- Jake Williams started on the mound and went three shutout innings allowing two hits and struck out four. Tanner Rock took the loss pitching the next three innings and allowed three earned runs on six hits, two walks, and struck out three.
Hood goes to Eastern Mennonite on Wednesday, April 10 at 4 p.m.