MINNEAPOLIS - Two members of the Hood College baseball team were named to the D3baseball.com Team of the Week for their performances during the week ending April 28,
Nathan Kessler and Nate Luscombe are the first Blazers named to the D3baseball.com Team of the Week since the 2016 season and it marks the first time Hood placed multiple players on the squad. Both players already won Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth weekly awards for their efforts.
Kessler batted .800 (8-for-10) and slugged 1.000 with two doubles, four walks and two hit-by-pitches (for an .875 on-base percentage). He also recorded five stolen bases to become the first Blazer to recorded 50 career steals. Kessler recorded two hits in each game while scoring eight runs and driving in two more.
Luscombe pitched seven innings of one-hit baseball, while not allowing a run in a 4-2 win over Widener on Senior Day. Luscombe was perfect for six innings before allowing a single in his final inning of work. The senior struck out five batters and did not walk a batter. He held the Pride to a .045 batting average. He retired the first 18 batters he faced, with only two balls leaving the infield.
Hood, 25-11-1 and 15-6 in the MAC Commonwealth, takes on fourth-seeded Widener on the first day of the MAC Commonwealth Championship on Thursday, May 2 at 3 p.m. at PeoplesBank Park in York, Pennsylvania.
2019 Hood College Baseball Accolades
- Mar. 11 - Jordan Patterson - MAC Commonwealth Pitcher of the Week
- Apr. 22 - Jordan Patterson - MAC Commonwealth Pitcher of the Week
- Apr. 29 - Nathan Kessler - MAC Commonwealth Player of the Week
- Apr. 29 - Nate Luscombe - MAC Commonwealth Pitcher of the Week
- Apr. 30 - Nathan Kessler - D3baseball.com Team of the Week
- Apr. 30 - Nate Luscombe - D3baseball.com Team of the Week