FREDERICK, Md.- The Hood College field hockey team honored ALonna Soward, Jayden Barrick, Denisha Robinson, Patricia Huerta, and Hailey Poisal for Senior Day. The Blazers fell to the visiting Golden Wolves by a score of 7-0.
Inside the Box Score
- Barrick notched five defensive saves giving her 22 on the season, one shy of Hood's single season record.
- Laurann Rowe added two defensive saves.
- Hailey Poisal recorded 17 saves, putting her over the 800 save mark for her career.
How it Happened
- Morgan Mondschein opened up the scoring in the ninth minute for Alvernia.
- A goal by Andrea Zimmerman in the 13th minute along with a tally by Taylor Dorrin in the 24th minute gave the Golden Wolves a 3-0 lead at the half.
- Zimmerman added another goal early in the second half to extend Alvernia's lead to four.
- A Madison Potthoff goal sandwiched between two goals by Mondschein capped the scoring for the evening.
- Mondschein recorded a hat-trick and an assist.
- Zimmerman scored twice while Dorrin and Potthoff added one apiece.
- Brooke Spezialetti dished out two assists.
- Emma Beamesderfer played the first half in goal. Nicole Heinze and Rylee Lawler split the second half.
Hood travels to Wilson on October 22 at 4 p.m.