FREDERICK, Md. - Hood College's Jayden Barrick set the school's single-season defensive save record but second-ranked Messiah came away with a 4-0 win in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
Inside the Box Score
- Barrick entered the game tied for second in a season with 22 defensive saves (Sara Snyder, 1997). The senior notched three defensive stops, all in the first half, to surpass Rachel Gauza's 23 in 2003. Barrick ended the day with 25 for the year and 51 in her career.
- Laurann Rowe made a defensive save in the contest.
- Hailey Poisal stopped 17 shots in goal for the Blazers over 50 minutes of action. Nicole Bennett recorded three saves in 20 minutes.
How it Happened
- The Falcons used goals by Hannah Palm and Mackenzie Brubaker to take a 2-0 lead just over eight minutes into the action.
- Emily Knepp scored late in the first half to make it 3-0 and Josie Weaver added the only goal of the second half.
- Avery Martz had an assist.
- Shelby Landes and Megan Bomba split time in goal for Messiah.
Hood closes out the 2018 season the completion of the contest against Neumann on Saturday, October 27. The game was halted due to lightning on September 7.