Jan 20, 2018
WILLIAMSPORT, Pa. - Hood College tied a school record with 16 3-point field goals, but No. 10 Lycoming held off the Blazers in overtime 106-100.
Inside the Box Score
- Hood finished the game 16 of 40 from 3-point range (40 percent), tying the 13-year old school mark from a game against Lincoln (Pa.) in February 2005.
- Evan and Mason Wang combined to hit 10 3-pointers in the game. Evan Wang went 6 of 7 from behind the arc and scored 20 points. Mason Wang added 18 points, sinking 4 of 7 3-pointers on his way to 18 points. He also had six of the Blazers' 25 assists.
- Both scoring figures were career-highs, as were Nathaniel Christian's 25 points. Christian went 14 for 17 at the free throw line, the most makes at the foul line for a Hood player since Chris Cook's 16 against Piedmont in December 2014.
- Luke Casey became the fifth player in school history with 500 career rebounds.
How it Happened
- Hood led 87-75 with 4:17 to play after a 3-pointer from Evan Wang. On Lycoming's next possession, a putback by Darius James started an 18-6 run to close regulation. Ronald Jefferson tied the game a 93-93 with 10 seconds left. A 3-pointer by Anthony Pearson, who finished with 12 points, was off the mark and the two teams went to overtime.
- The Warriors opened overtime with an 11-1 run to take control.
- In the first half, Hood trailed by as many as nine before a 3-pointer by Mason Wang tied the game at 31-31 with 7:17 left in the half. With the score tied at 40-40, Pearson hit a pair of 3-pointers to help the Blazers go ahead by four. A layup by Christian at the buzzer made it 48-42 at halftime.
- Alex Newbold scored a game-high 27 points and grabbed 11 rebounds. Jefferson came off the bench for 20 points, while T.J. Duckett scored 18 in a reserve role. Chris Wallace added 12 points, seven rebounds, five assists and four blocks.
Hood hosts Alvernia on Wednesday, January 24.