Nov 12, 2018
Inside the Box Score
- Both players scored 23 in the win. Riley knocked down 5 of 11 3-pointers and grabbed eight rebounds. Wang hit three 3-pointers and went 8 of 8 at the free throw line.
- Evan Wang dished out six assists.
- Anthony Pearson came off the bench for 12 points and seven rebounds.
How it Happened
- The Phoenix started hot, taking an 8-0 lead after a 3-point play by Rashaan Bean less than 90 seconds into the action.
- Hood scored the next eight points and tied the contest on Mason Wang's layup two minutes later.
- After another run by Wilson made it 17-10, the Blazers embarked on a 26-4 run that made it 36-21 after two Wang free throws at the 4:34 mark of the first half.
- Hood led 43-31 at halftime behind an 18-0 edge in bench scoring in the opening 20 minutes.
- The Blazers opened the second half with Ian Eversull and Riley combining for the first eight points to make it 51-31 with 18:17 to play.
- Hood sank 8 of 15 3-pointers in the second half and led by as many as 28 points to pull away.
- Bean finished with 16 points for the Phoenix, while Zachary Powell added 14 and Ian Frazier finished with 11.
- Hood went 13 of 32 from 3-point range (41 percent) and outrebounded the Phoenix 44-42.
- The Blazers were 23 of 28 at the free throw line (82 percent).
Hood travels to Gallaudet for the Battle of DC & Maryland on November 17 where the Blazers will face Catholic at 2 p.m.