FREDERICK, Md. - The Hood College men's basketball team shot 57 percent from 3-point range in a 95-59 victory over visiting Hampden-Sydney in non-conference action.
Inside the Box Score
- Evan Wang was on fire in the first half, scoring 21 of his career-high 25 points. Wang was 8 of 10 in the first half and hit all five of his 3-point attempts. He finished the contest 10 of 13 from the field. He had a game-high five assists and three steals.
- The other three players in double figures for Hood all came off the bench. Tyler Evans had a career-high 12 points on 4 of 5 shooting, including 2 for 2 from 3-point range. Keith Claiborne Jr.'s 10 points on 4 of 6 shooting were also a career-high. Jared Ruiz hit all five of his field goal attempts on his way to 11 points. The led a reserve unit that scored 53 points in the game.
- The Blazers went 13 of 23 from 3-point range to finish with their highest single-game percentage since an identical performance against Widener last January. Hood shot 54 percent overall, its second-best outing of 2018-19.
- Michael Riley had a team-high seven rebounds.
How it Happened
- Wang scored 14 points in the game's first 10 minutes as the Blazers took a 22-17 lead. His scoring became contagious over the remainder of the half as the Blazers went on a 29-7 run punctuated by a Christopher Smalls dunk with five seconds left for a 51-24 lead.
- Hood's lead continued to grow throughout the second half and a 3-point play by Smalls gave the Blazers their biggest lead 94-55 with 2:06 left.
- Hood committed just 11 turnovers in the game, compared to 27 for Hampden-Sydney, resulting in a 32-8 advantage in points off turnovers.
- The Tigers, who dropped to 4-7 with the loss, shot just 5 of 29 from 3-point range and hit just 32 percent overall from the field.
- Morgan McKay was the only Hampden-Sydney player in double figures with 10 off the bench. Hood held the Tigers' starting lineup to just 23 points on 8 of 36 shooting.
- Kevin Quinn had a game-high eight rebounds.
Hood, 8-6 on the season, hosts Albright on January 9.