CHESTER, Pa. - The Hood College men's basketball team saw its six-game win streak come to a close in a 65-58 loss at Widener in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth play.
Inside the Box Score
- Mason Wang scored a team-high 13 points on 6 of 11 shooting.
- Keith Claiborne Jr. had 10 points off the bench, all in the first half, on 4 of 7 shooting.
- Evan Wang and Ian Eversull had six rebounds apiece.
How it Happened
- The Blazers took a 27-24 lead on a 3-point play by Claiborne Jr. with 5:33 left in the first half but the Pride took the lead after a layup by Elijah Boyd and a Connor Laverty 3-pointer over the next minute.
- Hood tied the game at 31-31 on a free throw by Jared Ruiz at the 2:40 mark before Laverty connected on another 3-pointer to give Widener the halftime lead.
- 3-pointers by Mason Wang and Michael Riley started a 9-2 run to open the second half for a 40-36 lead. Hood responded to three game-tying baskets by the Pride before a 3-pointer by Boyd gave Widener a 48-46 advantage with 9:38 on the clock. Wang tied the game back up but 3-pointers from Boyd and Jared Peters put the Pride ahead 54-48.
- Tyler Evans scored four points before a pair of free throws by Wang tied the game again, this time at 54-54 with 4:26 to go. Laverty answered with a 3-pointer 32 seconds later to give Widener the lead for good.
- Laverty went 5 of 8 from 3-point range and finished with 19 points. Boyd knocked down four 3-pointers on his way to 14 points. Kenny Lewis and Ryan McMahon scored 10 points apiece. Jalen Howard had eight rebounds, while McMahon passed out six assists.
- Hood held Widener to just 39 percent shooting but the Pride hit 11 of 30 3-pointers (37 percent).
- The Blazers had an off day behind the arc, going only 5 of 23.
- Hood fell to 13-7 overall, while Widener improved to 10-9. Both teams are 7-4 in the MAC Commonwealth.
Lebanon Valley visits BB&T Arena on February 2 at 3 p.m.