FREDERICK, Md. - Hood College's Mason Wang hit eight of the Blazers' school-record 20 3-point field goals in a 103-75 win over Lebanon Valley in Middle Atlantic Conference Commonwealth action.
Inside the Box Score
- Wang tied his career-high with 36 points. His 8 of 14 performance was one shy of the school record of nine set by Ryan Junghans in 2008. He set a new career-high with seven assists.
- Michael Riley had a career-high seven steals on his way to 20 points. The junior hit five 3-pointers and grabbed six rebounds.
- Evan Wang dished out six assists and scored 11 points. Jared Ruiz had 10 points off the bench.
- Hood finished 20 of 44 from 3-point range (46 percent). The Blazers' old single-game record was 16, set against Lincoln (Pa.) in 2005 and tied last season against Lycoming.
- The strong outside shooting helped Hood to a 52 percent mark overall from the floor. The Blazers had 24 assists on 34 field goals.
How it Happened
- Justin Baker gave LVC and early 9-8 lead but Ruiz knocked down a 3-pointer at the other end to start a 17-0 run. The Wang brothers combined for the game's next 14 points as the Blazers took a 25-9 lead with 10:37 left in the first half.
- Later, a 13-4 run stretched Hood's lead to 46-28 on a layup by Evan Wang with 1:08 to go in the half. The Flying Dutchmen scored the final four points of the period to pull 14 points at halftime.
- In the second half, Riley and Keith Claiborne Jr. combined for 15 points during an 18-4 run that gave Hood its largest lead, 91-56 with 6:36 left in the game.
- LVC committed 17 of its 25 turnovers in the first half. The Blazers, meanwhile, turned the ball over only 10 times and had a 34-2 edge in points off turnovers.
- Jeremy Deihm scored 25 points on 12 of 17 shooting for Lebanon Valley. Zach Tucker finished with 11 points, while Trevor Covey netted 10.
- Hood improved to 14-7 overall and 8-4 in the MAC Commonwealth with its seventh win in its last eight games. The Flying Dutchmen 6-15 and 3-9.
The Blazers travel to Albright on February 6 for an 8 p.m. tipoff.