ABBOTTSTOWN, Pa. - The Hood College men's golf team placed eighth at the Gettysburg Fall Invitational at Hanover Country Club.
How it Happened
- Andy Baker tied for 25th to lead the Blazers on the par-71, 6,505-yard course with an 84.
- Brendan Mahoney had his best round of the fall with an 85 to tie for 28th.
- Jon Knehans turned in an 86, tying for 33rd.
- Michael Bushman and Andrew Heon shot rounds of 87 and 98, respectively. Bushman tied for 36th, while Heon took 52nd place.
- Bryce Watkins of Messiah and McDaniel's Christian Garruppo tied for first with matching rounds of 73. Watkins was awarded the win via a tiebreaker.
- Dickinson won the team title with a 319. Messiah also had a 319, but the Red Devils took the victory based on the score of each team's fifth golfer.
- Hood's 342 claimed eighth place.
The Blazers hit the links again on October 7 at the Stevenson Fall Invitational at Piney Branch Golf Club.