HERSHEY, Pa. - The Hood College men's golf team tied for 10th in a 19-team field at the Elizabethtown Invitational on Hershey Country Club's East Course.
How it Happened
- Andrew Heon was the Blazers' low scorer with a round of 79 on the par 71, 6,412-yard course. He tied for 32nd in the 90-player field.
- While Hood did not have anyone at the very top of the leaderboard, only eight strokes separated its four scoring rounds.
- Alexander Polidoro shot an 82 in his collegiate debut to tie for 45th.
- Samuel Driscoll was three strokes behind Polidoro and tied for 52nd.
- Kyle Moir turned in an 87, good for a 60th-place tie.
- Hood's fifth golfer was Lance Coffey, who placed 71st with a 90.
- Hood shot a 333 to tie Susquehanna for 10th.
- Gettysburg won the team title by two strokes over McDaniel. The Bullets shot 8-over 292 as a team, the Green Terror were at 10-over with a 294.
- Individual medalist honors went to Dane Sethre-Hofstad of Gettysburg, who shot 3-under 68. Penn State Berks' Andrew Cornish and Cabrini's Daniel Murphy were tied for second at 2-under 69.
Hood hits the links again on October 3 at the Gettysburg Invitational.